The Indus Valley Civilization is worlds one of the earliest and largest civilization. Try the following quiz to check your knowledge on Indus Valley Civilization.
1. The Harappan Civilization was discovered in the year:
2. The People of Indus Valley Civilization usually built their houses of-
a) Pucca bricks
d) All of these.
3. The Indus Valley People traded with?
4. All the following statements regarding the Indus Valley Civilization are correct except-
a) The Indus Valley Civilization was an advanced urban civilization
b) Iron was not known to the people
c) It is difficult to say which race the people belonged
d) The people knew nothing about the agriculture.
5. The Indus Valley Civilization specialized in-
a) Town planning
d) All of these.
6. The famous figure of the dancing girl found in the excavation of Mohenjodaro was made up of-
d) Red limestone.
7. The local name of Mohenjodaro is-
a) Mound of the Living
b) Mound of the Great
c) Mound of the Dead
d) Mound of the Survivor.
8. Which of the following animals was not known to the Indus Valley Civilization-
9. The Indus Valley Civilization was Non-Aryan because-
a) It was urban
b) It has pictographic script
c) It had an agricultural economy
d) It extended up to Narmada Valley.
10. Out of the following remains excavated in Indus Valley, which one indicates the commercial and economic development?
11. The earliest city discovered in India was-
12. Which of the following Indus Civilization site gives evidence of a dockyard?
13. Which of the following statements regarding Harappan Civilization is correct?
a) The standard Harappan seals were made of clay
b) The inhabitants of Harappa had neither knowledge of copper nor bronze.
c) The Harappan civilization was rural-based
d) The Inhabitants of Harappa grew and used cotton.
14. An advanced water management system of Harappan times has been unearthed at-
15. From which one of the following places, remains of wells have been found in houses belonging to the Indus Valley Civilization?
16. The archaeological finds from Alamgirpur in Ghaziabad district reflect-
a) Harappa Culture
b) Vedic Culture
c) Mauryan Culture
d) Gupta Period Culture.
17. Cotton for textile was first cultivated in-
c) Central America
18. Which one of the following was not known to the Harappans?
a) Construction of Wells
b) Construction of Pillars
c) Construction of Drains
d) Construction of Arches.
19. A copper chariot of Harappa times was discovered at-
20. Who discovered the Indus Valley Civilization?
a) Sir Leonard Wooley
b) V.S. Agrawal
c) Dayaram Sahni
d) A.L. Basham.
21. Which of the following animals was not present on the seals and terracotta art of the Harappan culture?
22. Match the following:
1. Ploughed field
3. Terracotta replica of a plough
4. An inscription comprising ten large sized sign of the Harappan Script
a) A.1 B.2 C.3 D.4
b) A.2 B.1 C.4 D.3
c) A.1 B.2 C.4 D.3
d) A.2 B.1 C.3 D.4.
23. Lothal is a site where dockyard of which of the following civilization were found?
a) Indus Valley
24. One of the following sites from where the famous Bull-seal of Indus Valley Civilization was found-
25. Rock cut architecture in Harappan Culture context has been found at-
26. Consider the following statements and select the correct answer from the codes given below-
- Mohenjodaro, Harappa, Ropar and Kalibangan are important places of Indus Valley Civilization.
2. Harappan People developed planned cities with network of streets and drainage system.
3. Harappan People did not know the use of metals.
a) 1 and 2
b) 1 and 3
c) 2 and 3
d) 1, 2 and 3.